Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006 : The fun begins



Arkansas Bar Gal
A cowgirl, who is visiting Texas from Arkansas, walks into a bar
and
orders three mugs of Bud. She sits in the back of the room,
drinking a sip
out of each one in turn. When she finishes them,
she comes back to the bar and orders three more.


The bartender approaches and tells the cowgirl, "You know, a mug
goes flat
after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The cowgirl replies, "Well, you see, I have two sisters. One is in
Australia,
the other is in Dublin. When we all left our home in Arkansas,
we promised
that
we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together.
So I'm drinking one beer for each of my sisters and one for
myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it
there.

The cowgirl becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way.

She orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.
One day, she comes in and
only orders two mugs. All the regulars take
notice and fall silent. When she
comes back to the bar for the second
round, the bartender says, "I don't want
to intrude on your grief, but I
wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowgirl looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in her
eyes
and she laughs. "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," she explains," It's
just that my
husband and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit
drinking.
Hasn't affected my sisters though!"


Road trip
Four women were driving across the country. Each one was from a different
state: Idaho, Iowa, Nevada and California.
Shortly after the trip began, the
woman from Idaho started pulling potatoes
from her bag and throwing them
out of the window.


"What the heck are you doing?" demanded the Nebraskan.


"We have so many of these darn things in Idaho, I am just sick of looking at
them!"

A moment later, the gal from Iowa began pulling ears of corn from her bag
and
tossing them from the window.


"What are you doing that for?" asked the gal from California.
"We have so many
of these things in Iowa, I am just sick of looking at
them!"

Inspired, the gal from Nevada opened the car door and pushed the Californian
out.

No comments:

Post a Comment