Thursday, October 16, 2008

Don't Worry, Ghee Happy

A few weeks ago I met an American lady who was about as buff as
could be, wearing Yoga pants and a T-shirt with an Indian image on it.
I decided to test her level of commitment but not wanting to belittle her
fitness regime I semi-casually asked if she was a Yoga instructor. No,
she said no, merely a student and lover of Indian culture. She then
correctly responded to my query by identifying the Hindu deity on the front
of her T-shirt as Lord Ganesa. Cool....and I wasn't about to press her with
any more questions because she obviously had genuine knowledge of
Indian 'stuff', and I probably would embarrass myself with my latent
ignorance of Hindu deities and feeble RAM capability.

Later I got to wondering about Tees with Indian motifs and their appeal to
Americans, something I often do since I was once involved in the business
of creating screen-printed T-shirts.

Flickr photo

Those were some great times in my life, and that creative thought
process still often rears its head at strange times and in surprising
places. Then I came across Ghee Happy on the web......
Calling itself 'The little book of Hindu deities' Ghee Happy the book
is at once amusing, informative and entertaining and below are the
sample pages at the Ghee Happy website.

But wait, that's not all. There's more ! Really ? Yes ! It's not only a link to
a book, but an enticing portal to an apparel collection for toddlers and
infants. Full of cute stuff that should appeal to children and parents alike.

Go see for yourself. Don't worry, Ghee Happy !

No comments:

Post a Comment