Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wayn.com is MySpace Lite ?


click to enlarge

U.K. member uses Summer Rickshaw for his Wayn.com profile.

Somehow I now find myself a member of more than one social networking
site. I had to join MySpace because my friend Madooo invited me and
I'm always glad to show support for family, friends and musicians. Although
I don't do much there thanks to this Blog, I have made some new and
interesting contacts and also hooked up with some old ones. But now that
I'm a member of Wayn.com I'll say unreservedly it seems somewhat more
sane and cultured than MySpace, which is often overrun with garish and
tacky template designs vying for your (short span) of attention. Blame it on
the vast majority of MySpace members who are 20-somethings and part of
the 'must-have-it-now' generation. Instant trashy webpages included.

Wayn.com is an acronym for Where Are You Now and that's mainly what
makes it a different kind of social network : members' past, present and future
locations are pinpointed, tagged and tailored so deeply that you could plan an
entire trip overseas using this site. Let's use the picture above as an example
of (better) Wayn members' activities, like the Rickshaw Run adventure :

'Three wheels, half a horse power and more fun than any other vehicle on
planet
earth the humble Rickshaw is undoubtedly the ultimate long distance,
off road
machine, despite being designed for short distances on road....'

'The Rickshaw Run is all about raising huge amounts of wedge for a great cause
or two, so each team has to raise a measly £1000 for charity....'

Visit The Adventurists where you can join in the 2009 Run which starts in
Pondicherry in South India and winds up in Shillong in the Northern state
of Assam. But first - see what fun they had in 2008.

Oh..... and don't forget to check out if any one of your Contacts is also secretly
a member of the laid-back Wayn.com. Surprise them !

No comments:

Post a Comment