Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pune: Mo' Better Brangelina






October 8th, in a previous Virtual Poona post :
Stay tuned, I believe this to be the event that puts Pune
in all
the Gossip magazines.......

The current issue of People magazine here in the U.S.A.
as well as the other tabloids are hacking around and have
come up with a few factoids and some decent pics**
What I liked was the little graphic map of India showing
the approximate location of PUNE, complete with trivia.....

** Click on the pics above to enlarge
Related Angelina link

More Importantly Related : The Journalist and the Jihadi **
I watched the HBO documentary** and was deeply touched by
the Pearl story, even more
since I have a musical background
and 'jammed' with
Joe Alvarez, a superb vocalist who is
interviewed briefly in the film while a clip of
Daniel Pearl
jamming on electric violin plays in the background...
I also noticed that the story Concept was by the illustrious

Farrukh Dhondy, (Salaam Bombay, The Rising, etc.) who like
myself attended
The Bishops' School in Poona a.k.a. Pune.
But that was many years ago and many miles away....


No comments:

Post a Comment