Sunday, April 01, 2007

Blog Camp Pune


Site venue: click to enlarge

Checking out a Punekar's Food Blog called The Cook's Cottage
I came across something equally interesting and noteworthy -
Pune's first Blog Camp is set for June 2007 at
Symbiosis Infotech Campus. The 'Un-organizers' are calling it an
'Un-conference' not unlike the worldwide Bar Camp events you
techies are familiar with. Will it be totally 'Un-organized' then ?
Not the way they describe it :

'This is going to be an intense event with discussions, demos and
interaction between attendees. Any blogger who wants to contribute
is welcome and invited to join.

In the spirit of BarCamp, if you attend, be prepared to present
something (even if it's just 10 minutes).'

I am not in sync with these gatherings but if I were back in my old
hometown of 'Poona' I would definitely attend. I mean, where there's a
Camp, there must be a Bar, and where there's a Bar there has to be
a drink, right ? Just Kidding ! Actually I don't drink like I used to so I
wouldn't care too much if there were NO drinks at this Bar Camp.
BYOB
in this case should mean Bring Your Own Blog !

I suppose I'll really have to live up to my title of Virtual Poona Blogger
and be there virtually........maybe come up with a virtual 10-min. speech,
who knows ?

Visit the official blog:
http://www.blogcamppune.blogspot.com/

Sent via a FeedFlare link from a FeedBurner feed.
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/publishers/feedflare

No comments:

Post a Comment