Thursday, November 08, 2007

Et tu, Martina ?

Surprising news - I really admired this female prodigy

who was named after the great Martina Navratilova
and lived up to the name - until now. Damage control is
underway, but in light of the recent admission by
Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones

regarding her steroid-tainted wins, the truth is better late
than never. It's the right thing to do and I hope it all works
out for Martina Hingis.

from martinaworld.com :
Martina tests positive for cocaine and retires 11/1/2007

"Throughout my career, I have always
been open and honest with you.

I have been accused by an outsource testing
company of taking cocaine during the Championships
at Wimbledon. I find this accusation so horrendous,
so monstrous, that I have decided to confront it
head-on by talking to the press.

My weapon on the tennis court is and always was one
single thing: the game, the ingenuity on court.
And for this style of tennis, there is only one performance
enhancer - the love of the game."


No comments:

Post a Comment