Thursday, November 03, 2005

Katrina : Just another Wardrobe Disaster

Another instance of fiddling while Rome burns.
The only Disaster he was concerned about was the
one occurring within his wardrobe.....

Newly-released e-mails show former FEMA director
Michael Brown discussing his wardrobe during the crisis
caused by Hurricane Katrina.

A House panel has released 23 pages of internal e-mail
offering additional evidence of a confused and distracted
government response to Katrina, particularly from Brown,
the former head of Federal Emergency Management Agency,
at critical moments after the storm hit.

The e-mails show that Brown, who had been planning to step
down from his post when the storm hit, was preoccupied with
his image on television even as one of the first FEMA officials
to arrive in New Orleans, Marty Bahamonde, was reporting a
crisis situation of increasing chaos to FEMA officials.

"My eyes must certainly be deceiving me. You look fabulous —
and I'm not talking the makeup," writes Cindy Taylor, FEMA's
deputy director of public affairs to Brown on 7:10 a.m. local time
on Aug. 29.

"I got it at Nordstroms," Brown writes back. "Are you proud of me?
Can I quit now? Can I go home?" An hour later, Brown adds: "If you'll
look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."

Click to read the article from AP News via Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment