Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day !

On this Mother's Day I'd like to celebrate the memory of
my own Mother, Sheila
a beautiful lady that I never got to know since she
passed away
when I was barely five. Think about how your life would be if
you shared the same fate and be thankful for YOUR Mother.

Here's an excellent Mother's Day Slideshow from Webshots :



And now for some Mother's Day Humor.....
1. "Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young."
~ Author Unknown


2. "Mothers are all slightly insane." ~ J.D. Salinger

3. "I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford.
Then I want to move in with them." ~ Phyllis Diller


4. "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it."
~ Chinese Proverb


5. "It takes a woman twenty years to make a man of her son, and another
woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him." ~ Helen Rowland


6. "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years
she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never
been found." ~ Calvin Trillin


7. "A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once,
and by car for ever after." ~ Peter De Vries


8. "It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and
violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to
beget children is a natural urge." ~ Phyllis Diller


9. "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does.
That's his." ~ Oscar Wilde


10. "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for
five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
~ Tenneva Jordan


11. "You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child
on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why
his parents will always wave back." ~William D. Tammeus.


12. "Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show
that sleep is not necessary to human life." ~ Author Unknown


13. "Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers
with ease." ~ Lisa Alther


14. "My mother had to send me to the movies with my birth certificate,
so that I wouldn't have to pay the extra fifty cents that the adults had to pay."
~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar


15. "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it."
~ Mark Twain


16. "My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it."
~ Buddy Hackett


A Mother's Love
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of
Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in
'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment