Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Lone Star State Delivery


Dear Texan ONE Members,

Today, you, me, and every other Texan has a unique opportunity to
help fight poverty.








My sister Krishna and I at the Houston ONE training

On Wednesday, as part of a trip to Washington, D.C., I will stop
by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson's office to try and convince
her to sponsor of the Global Resources and Opportunities for
Women to Thrive Act (GROWTH Act)
, which changes U.S.
international assistance and trade programs to prioritize the economic
opportunities of women living in poverty worldwide.

I hope that you will support me in this effort by writing a letter to
Senator Hutchinson encouraging her to support the GROWTH Act.

If you send a letter today, I will hand deliver your letter to her
Washington office this Wednesday
along with the message that Texans
are serious about ending poverty. If you join me in this endeavor, I am
certain we can convince Senator Hutchinson to sponsor this important
legislation.

The innovative provisions of the GROWTH Act remove a range of barriers
that prevent women from participating in their countries' economies.
Research shows that empowering women in the developing world is one
of the best ways to fight poverty. Not only does it improve their lives,
but their children are more likely to live longer and receive an education.

Please join me in urging Senator Hutchinson to fight extreme poverty
by sponsoring the GROWTH Act.

Thank you for your support,

Paresh Patel, ONE member

ONE.ORG | BLOG | PRIVACY | SUBSCRIBE | UNSUBSCRIBE | CONTACT US | ABOUT

No comments:

Post a Comment