Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Senator John Cornyn Replies

I signed an appeal-type electronic mail to the junior United States Senator

from Texas.regarding the future of Internet Radio, which is faced with
extremely
heavy licensing fees for webcasts, etc. and may not survive.
He promises to do what he can if the opportunity arises, then asks
me to subscribe to his newsletter. Never misses an opportunity to rake in
a prospective voter !

'Thank You For Contacting My Office

Dear Mr. Miller:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Copyright Royalty Board's
(CRB) ruling on royalty rates for Internet radio stations. I appreciate
having the benefit of your comments on this matter.

As you may know, on March 2, 2007, the CRB announced new
statutory royalty rates for certain digital transmissions of sound
recordings for the period January 1, 2006, through December 31, 2010.
More specifically, this ruling governs the royalties on webcasts and
other types of Internet broadcasting. While no legislation regarding
this newly ruled copyright policy is pending before the Senate, you
may be certain that I will keep your concerns in mind should the
Senate consider relevant legislation.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the
United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

Please sign up for my monthly newsletter at
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/newsletter.

PLEASE NOTE:

Due to the nature of electronic communication, if you did not
receive this e-mail directly from my office, I cannot guarantee
that the text has not been altered. If you have questions about
the validity of this message, or would like to respond to this message,
please use the web form available at my website,
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/contact.'

No comments:

Post a Comment